20 March 2012

Eternal Love





Sitting in the library by the window on this rainy Wednesday afternoon, I have the widest grin on my face. The reason to this smile is a very old couple. As I sat watching the rain and thinking about examples for scope management projects (an exam due tomorrow), I see an old lady step out of her car from the drivers seat. She opens her umbrella and carefully runs along to the passenger seat of her car. She reaches out her empty hand and a considerably older man slowly steps out, holding on to her shoulder. She wraps her arm around him tugging him closer so that they both fit under her umbrella. She then slowly guides him to the front door of the library. A sudden gush of wind and she loses grip of her umbrella, making them both slightly wet. Once inside, the old man gives out a big laugh looking at their situation and then the sweetest thing happened. He looked at her with kind loving eyes, wiped her moist forehead and bent down to give her a kiss.

Such a small gesture of love, and it changed my mind about something I've always doubted. I am now sure that there is something called 'Eternal Love'.

"Safely in each other's arms, 
to bid the rest of time.
Finding Eternal Love
so many seek to find."


PS: With that, I'm now having trouble thinking about Scope Management examples. 




2 comments:

a.r. said...

such a beautiful description..=)...the couple seemed truly in love..too bad they never had the courage to tell their spouses about this affair..;-)

Unknown said...

HAHA. Thanks a.r (Not sure who you really are).
In that case, not sure if I can still call it 'Eternal Love' :P